Some great tips on adult literacy
Did you know that many of daily activities such as reading and writing can actually help us improve our literacy skills? Devoting a few minutes of our time each day focused on such activities can enable people develop better literacy skills and ultimately lead more productive and fulfilling lives.
Check out a couple of tips on improving literacy among adults through reading and writing
• Get a book – something preferably short and is of great interest to you especially if you aren’t actually fond of reading. Take the time and effort to go through it at your own time. You’ll find lots of interesting stories from your local library.
• Seek to improve your thinking skills by trying out “brain teasers” every day like crossword puzzles. You can find a lot of these activities available online, downloadable applications or straight out of a newspaper.
• Feeling bored? Switch to something different – you might want to read a few pages aloud from time to time which will also help improve one’s verbal communication skills. You can also try listening to audio books for a change to fine tune your listening skills.
• Work on your creative writing skills by taking the time to write a letter for your loved one every chance you get. Not only will this improve your literacy skills but also strengthens relationships as well.
• Spend your weekends doing something creative – painting, scrapbooking or sculpting. This will help open your mind to learning new things as well as boost creativity and visual focus.
These are but a few tips everyone can look into to further develop their literacy skills as they go about their daily lives. As you can see, these activities don’t take much time and don’t really have to interfere with your daily routines either. As a matter of fact, a lot of people may even find it enjoyable and perhaps opens the door to new interests and opportunities. Contact Literacy Nanaimo today for more great tips on Adult literacy!